- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 8 minutes
- Serves 5
- 1-2 Filet Mignon (1-2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1-2 sticks of grass-fed butter, softened
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons big, flakey sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf of warm, crusty bread, sliced
- Allow the steak to come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Pat dry and season generously with Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat butter in a cast iron skillet for about 2 minutes over high heat.
- Once the butter is hot, add the steak to the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Cook for another 2-6 minutes until you reach your desired doneness. 2-3 minutes for rare, 3-4 minutes for medium rare, 4-6 for medium to well.
- Remove the steak from the oven, transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the butter in a bowl to soften it more. It should be spreadable but not melty.
- Layer the butter in swirls on a wooden board.
- Squeeze roasted garlic onto the butter and spread as desired.
- Sprinkle the butter with chopped parsley and rosemary.
- Top with flakey sea salt and red pepper flakes.
- Place the sliced steak and bread on either side of the butter.
- Serve as is or with a side of bruschetta for an additional topping.