- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves 3-4
1 10-ounce Thomas Farms Boneless Ribeye Steak
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
1 small shallot, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup red wine
2 sprigs thyme
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons butter
- Remove the steak from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Pat the steak dry and season both sides generously with salt and black pepper.
- Add oil to a cast iron skillet and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Hold the steak fat side down with tongs in the oil for about seconds. Turn the heat down to medium. Lay the steak flat and cook for 4-5 minutes, flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes for a medium-rare steak.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest while you make the sauce.
- Sauté the shallots and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine, beef broth, balsamic vinegar and thyme let it reduce for about 5 minutes.
- Remove thyme from the pan and turn down the heat to low.
- Whisk in the butter and turn off the heat. Slice the steak and serve with the sauce poured on top.