Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
1 lb Thomas Farms Grass Fed Ground Beef
2-3 Large Sweet Potatoes, Thinly Sliced
1 Red Onion, Diced
1 Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
2 Jalapenos, Sliced
4 Tbsp Lime Juice
2 Tsp Paprika, Cumin, Garlic Salt and Oregano
1/2 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 Cup Cilantro
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the Crema
1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
1/4 Cup Lime Juice
1 Tbsp Garlic Salt
1 Tbsp Black Pepper
1. Set oven to 375°F. Place parchment paper into a shallow pan and set aside.
2. Thinly slice the sweet potatoes (by mandolin or otherwise) and toss in a bowl with olive oil and seasoning. Spread out on parchment paper and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Remove and let cool.
3. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with paprika, garlic salt, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook ground beef on a frying pan over medium-high heat until lightly browned, adding the lime juice, salt and pepper while it cooks.
4. To make the crema: Whisk the sour cream, lime juice, garlic salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
5. Assemble the nachos: Layer from bottom to top: sweet potato chips, ground beef, onions, beans, jalapenos, then cilantro onto a plate or board. Top with drizzled crema and serve. Toast nachos in oven if desired.