- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Total: 40 minutes
- Serves: 4
If you're going to have a burger, make it this flavor bomb of an Ooh La La French Onion Burger. A mashup of all the good stuff that makes French onion soup a comfort food with everyone's favorite, a juicy burger. It's all about the ingredients- flavorful ground lamb, caramelized sweet onion, melted Gruyere and a homemade garlic aioli combine to make amazing burgers that are ready to eat in only 40 minutes.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 ½ cups thinly sliced sweet onion
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons garlic paste or mashed roasted garlic
2 tablespoons dill pickle relish, drained
1 pound Thomas Farms® Ground Lamb
4 slices deli-sliced Gruyere cheese
4 Bibb or other green leaf lettuce leaves
4 multi-grain or onion rolls, split and toasted
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is tender. Uncover and increase the heat to medium. Cook until the onion is golden brown. Keep warm.
- For the aioli, stir the mayonnaise, garlic paste and relish in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and shape into 4 burgers.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium-high. Grill the burgers (grill lid closed) for 8 minutes or until desired doneness, turning over halfway through the grilling time. Top the burgers with the cheese and grill until the cheese is melted.
- Place the lettuce on the buns. Top with the burgers, onions, and aioli.
Substitution Tip: Use any of your favorite Thomas Farms® Ground Meats (Beef, Meatloaf Mix, Pork, or Veal).