- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Serves 8-12
1 pound jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and hollowed out
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot, diced
1 pound Thomas Farms Meatloaf Mix
Salt to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
1/4-1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the shallot and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Next, add the meatloaf mix to the pan and brown while crumbling for about 5 minutes. Drain any excess oil.
- Add salt to taste, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce and ketchup to the pan and mix to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, add the meatloaf mix and the cheddar cheese and mix to combine.
- Fill each jalapeño half with a few tablespoons of the meatloaf mix, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and top with some mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 until the cheese is melted then broil for 2-3 minutes. Top with diced green onion, dip in ketchup and enjoy!