- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Marinate Time: 30 Minutes
- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Serves 4
2 Thomas Farms Rack of Lamb (8 ribs each)
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
½ cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
½ cup plain panko
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1 ¼ pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in half (or in 1-inch pieces, if large)
1. Pour the lemon juice into a glass bowl. Stir in half the following: oil, garlic and herbs. Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons lemon juice mixture for the potatoes. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Add the lamb to the remaining lemon mixture. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight. Remove the lamb from the lemon juice mixture and pat dry (discard remaining mixture).
2. Heat the oven to 425° Stir the remaining oil, garlic, herbs and the panko and lemon zest in another small bowl. Place the lamb, fat-side up, onto a rimmed baking sheet. Press the panko mixture onto the fat sides of the lamb.
3. Toss the potatoes with the reserved lemon juice mixture and arrange on the baking sheet around the lamb.
4. Roast for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 135°F for medium (for best results, cover and let the lamb stand for 10 minutes before slicing).
Ingredient Note: It takes about 2 large lemons to yield ½ cup of lemon juice (to save time, you can also use store-bought bottled lemon juice). If you have an extra lemon, you can slice it to roast on the baking sheet with the lamb and potatoes- the roasted slices add a pop of bright flavor to your plate!