- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Serves 4
1 Thomas Farms Boneless Lamb Leg (about 1 pound), butterflied and unfolded
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ¼ cups beef stock
4 crusty sandwich rolls (we like baguette)
4 slices Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- Heat the oven to 400° Stir the oil, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a large bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat.
- Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the lamb to the skillet and cook until well browned on all sides.
- Place the skillet into the oven and roast the lamb for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 140° Remove the lamb to a cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour off any fat. Add the stock to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat to a boil, stirring to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Season to taste. Strain the stock mixture through a fine mesh sieve and return to the skillet.
- Cut the lamb into thin slices and add to the stock mixture. Cook until hot. Using a slotted spoon, divide the lamb among the rolls. Top with the cheese and serve with the stock mixture for dipping.
Also delicious served with store-bought onion jam or bacon-onion jam!