- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook time: 1 hour
- Serves 6
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 yellow onion, finely diced or minced in a food processor
2-3 carrots, peeled and finely diced or minced in a food processor
2-3 celery stalks, peeled and finely diced or minced in a food processor
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound Thomas Farms Ground Lamb
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 cup red wine
1 (28 ounce) can of crushed tomatoes
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
1 parmesan rind
- Heat olive oil & butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery and sauté for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the salt, black pepper, minced garlic and ground lamb. Cook while crumbling for 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the can of tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Pour in the red wine to deglaze the bottom of the pot & allow it to simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the can of crushed tomatoes, herbs, bay leaves and parmesan rind.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, cover, then turn down the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes. Season with more salt to taste, if needed.
- Serve with spaghetti or bucatini and top with parmesan cheese.