- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cook Time: 8 Minutes
- Total: 1 hour, 8 minutes
- Serves: 4
Lamb shoulder chops are a super flavorful cut that doesn't need a lot of extras. A simple marinade of soy, lemon, cilantro, and mustard is all you need. The marinated chops are grilled alongside eggplant, onion, and pepper, for a meal that's so easy to make and quick to cook- just 8 minutes or so on the grill and dinner is served! Serve with extra lemon wedges and an additional sprinkle of cilantro and it will look as good as it tastes!
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 Thomas Farms® Lamb Shoulder Chops (about 1 ½ pounds)
2 baby eggplants (about 1 pound), cut in ¼-inch slices
1 large Spanish or sweet onion, sliced crosswise into thick slices
2 large red bell peppers, cut into thick strips (about 2 cups)
Hot cooked Israeli couscous
- Beat the oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, cilantro, and mustard in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Reserve 1/3 cup mixture.
- Place the lamb in a tray, bowl, or resealable gallon-size plastic bag. Add the remaining soy sauce mixture and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to high. Brush the eggplant, onion slices and bell peppers with the reserved soy sauce mixture. Remove the lamb from the marinade and discard the marinade. Season the lamb and the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lamb and vegetables for 8 minutes or until the internal temperature of the lamb reaches 135°F. for medium-rare or until desired doneness, turning the lamb and vegetables over halfway through the grilling time.
- Serve the lamb with the grilled vegetables. Serve with the couscous and lemon wedges.
To make it easier to grill the vegetables, try using a grill basket.