Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 7 Minutes
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup packed brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sriracha or gochujang
¼ cup olive oil
2 packages (1 pound each) Thomas Farms Bone-In Lamb Stew meat (the bones add flavor- remove and discard after cooking)
3 cups cold water
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Korean hot pepper flakes (or use ½ tsp. crushed red pepper)
- Mix the soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, sriracha and oil in a large nonmetallic bowl. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain the lamb and reserve the soy sauce mixture. Heat the reserved soy sauce mixture in a small saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to ¼ cup.
- Stir the water and salt in a bowl until the salt is dissolved. Add the cucumber and let stand for 15 minutes. Drain the cucumber well, discarding the salted water. Add the sugar, vinegar and hot pepper to the cucumber and toss to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Place the lamb on the grill. Grill for 3 minutes, basting occasionally with the reduced soy sauce mixture. Turn the lamb over and grill for 4 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 135° (for medium-rare), basting occasionally with the reduced soy sauce mixture (stop basting before the last minute of grilling time). Remove the lamb from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve the lamb with the cucumber kimchi.