- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves 6
1 yellow or white onion, diced
1 pound Thomas Farms Ground Beef
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (15 ounce) can of diced tomatoes with green chilies (about 1/2 of the liquid drained)
8 ounces red enchilada sauce
Salt to taste
1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron or another oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened. Add in the ground beef and cook, while crumbling for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the smoked paprika, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes and enchilada sauce. Taste and season with salt, if needed. (Both the diced tomatoes and enchilada sauce have salt so you may not need any extra.) Mix and let it simmer and reduce for about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Top with the shredded cheese and bake for about 5-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Let cool for a few minutes, serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!