- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Serves 6
3 lbs Thomas Farms Tenderloin or other steak cut, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 Tbsp rice wine
Salt and pepper to taste
Lightly toasted sesame seeds
- Trim any excess fat off the beef. Distribute the sugar evenly on the beef by sprinkling it over each piece. Allow the beef to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, rice wine, salt and pepper. Put aside.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the beef and mix. Allow the beef to marinate 10 minutes. Because the beef is so thin, it doesn’t require long marinating time.
- Heat a cast iron skillet/pan and cook the beef, turning once only until just browned. Be careful not to overcook. Remove the beef while it is still a little pink and rest in a warm place before slicing into smaller pieces.
- Serve Bulgogi in lettuce cups with steamed rice, and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and finely chopped spring onion. Wrap into a parcel and eat. This dish can be served as a canapé, or as a shared dish for the middle of the table with the condiments in bowls and customers putting their own parcel together.