Prep Time: 4 Hours
Cook Time: 8 Minutes
4 Thomas Farms beef steaks, 7 ounces each
(sirloin, ribeye or tenderloin)
4 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 hot red chili, finely chopped
3 tablespoons soft unsalted butter
2 teaspoons wasabi paste
1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
For the Salad:
1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
1 punnet baby beans, steamed
8 small radishes, thinly sliced
mixed salad leaves
1. Combine teriyaki marinade, garlic and chili in a shallow dish. Add the steaks and coat with the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Combine butter, wasabi paste and chives and reserve. Preheat the grill or non-stick frypan (if using frypan, coat steaks in a little oil). Cook the steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side or to your liking. Cover loosely with foil and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
3. To prepare salad, combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss well. Place the steaks onto 4 warm plates and top each with ¼ of the wasabi butter. Serve with the Asian salad.
- Replace teriyaki marinade with 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos and 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of monkfruit syrup.
- Replace teriyaki marinade with 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos and 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Substitute unsalted butter for coconut oil or EVOO.
- Replace teriyaki marinade with 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos and 1 tablespoon of lime juice and 2 tablespoons of orange juice.
- Substitute unsalted butter for coconut oil.
Recipe courtesy of True Aussie Beef & Lamb